Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Another Look!
Diversity & inclusion recognizes that diversity alone is not enough; equal attention must be given to creating and cultivating an inclusive and equitable environment. This workshop provides realistic and practical strategies for creating an inclusive, respectful, and anti-racist workplace and addresses some of our biggest challenges in promoting these strategies.
- Review and define terms related to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
- Describe the importance of integrating DEI into organizations.
- Outline the meaning of DEI for approaching SUD and OUD prevention, treatment, and recovery.
- Analyze myths and misconceptions around DEI.
- Examine the role of cultural humility in self-assessment
- Analyze the intersection and impact of structural and systemic racism
- Language matters in SUD treatment and recovery.
Show Past Events